Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What kind of shoes for Cape breton step dance??

I take irish stepdanceing, and I have ghillies, but i was told i needed hard soled shoes for Cape Breton step dance. Someone said sandals would work, but i was unsure exactly what kind. Does anyone have any ideas??

What kind of shoes for Cape breton step dance??
Hi,





I wasn%26#039;t familiar with Cape Breton, so had to look it up.





It appears to be what the studio I attend calls a %26quot;heavy jig%26quot; and you need %26quot;jig shoes%26quot; or %26quot;heavy jigs%26quot; to dance it. I personally recommends Corr%26#039;s Super Flexi (I have the sound blasting tips, too - they make a great sound). Those allow you to point and flex your foot because there is no heavy leather upper between the ball of the foot and the heel.





They are expensive, but you can find them on ebay and other dance sites on consignment, if you aren%26#039;t bothered by hand-me-downs. Our studio has a giant consignment shelf and shoes usually end up with 6 or 8 patrons before they are too worn to practice in.





Have Fun!



CAT

No comments:

Post a Comment